Monday, April 30, 2012

Last one!!!!

Wow, this is the last spoiler before DESTINED releases in (EST) 8 minutes. But this is also the very last teaser I will ever post from the WINGS series. Wow. My little series all grown up and leaving the nest!!! *sniff* It really is pretty nostalgic. Here you go!!!!


They slammed doors and started walking toward the forest when Tamani stopped them, his face deadly serious. “David, Chelsea, as I said before, there have only been the barest handful of humans admitted into Avalon. But those who have . . . sometimes, they don’t come back. If you come with us into the forest, I don’t know what will happen. And I don’t know what would be worse—if they turn you away at the gate, with no time to get back to your car, or if they were to actually let you in.”
He held David’s gaze for a long time before David nodded once. Then he turned his eyes to Chelsea.
“I can’t stay here,” she said softly. “I would hate myself for the rest of my life.”
“Fair enough,” Tamani said, almost under his breath. “Then let’s go.”
Tamani led the way down the serpentine path, moving through the forest with such confidence and determination that Laurel and her friends almost had to run to keep up. Laurel knew there had to be sentries marking their progress, and around every corner she expected them to appear, as they had often done when she’d entered the forest with Tamani. But the woods remained eerily still. 

Ciao!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wings will always be an awesome series! I'll never forget it. :) Can't wait to get my hands on Destined. <3

Anonymous said...

Bahh!! man i love this series... specifically tamani :D love you aprilynne! im looking forward to seeing you in west jordan this week!!

Silver said...

the teaser is killing me!!! anyways, it's a good teaser though. makes me want to buy the book as in now. hahaha

Sarah Pittard said...

Yay!! Released!! Finally!!!!

Rhiannon Rudick said...

Omg I can't wait!

christinashoe said...

Waiting for my pre-ordered copy to arrive...<3
I'm so excited, but also sad, too. Whenever a series ends, it's like the end of a special even in my life. I'll miss this series, but I'll still reread it often! :)

Vanessa said...

waiting for my book to come right now. I want to read it so badly :'( I should probably go do my homework now... xD

Vanessa said...

JUST FINISHED DESTINED! WHOEVER DOESN'T HAVE IT... NEEDS TO GET IT, LIKE NOW. <3 <3 <3 It truly was a work of art, with so many plot twists. The day started out horribly, but Destined arriving at my doorstep just made up for all the bad things. WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS? GO AND BUY IT/READ IT!

Unknown said...

You are amazing!!! This series is amazing - the best series I have ever had the pleasure of reading! I finished reading Destined today and I feel so sad that its over but very satisfied with the way things ended. I am so attached to the characters and the world you created. I am SO in love with Tamani too! ;) Thank you so much for sharing your incredible talent with us. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. :)

Anonymous said...

Have you thought of coming up with another series? I know you just finished wings . Which I love how you ended the series by the way. I have been routing for tamani all along.

Anonymous said...

Just finished it! It's amazing :) One of my favourite series of all time :)
<3 Tamani Sooo Much.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved that series!! I cried when I finished the last one! I <3 David!

Izabel said...

Love soooo much your "Wings" serie.
My good Lord, pleaaaase, let those wonderful "Illusions" and "Destined" come to Brazil QUICKLY !!!!
God Bless your amazing brain cells, April.
Cheers from Rio de Janeiro.
Izabel :)

Anonymous said...

I read destined and am truly shocked. I love Tamani and David so I am extatic but also sad. I am currently mourning the end of the Wings series but all good things must come to an end. Aprilynne Pike is such a good author I can't help but wait in anticipation for the next glorious series to come out

Anonymous said...

This has been a really fun series to read. I would love it if you created a spinoff series with Tam and Laurel and Yasmine as the new Queen of Avalon.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to stop by to say WOW on the Wings series. I am so sad to see it end. This is the first series that has ended that I am actually satisfied with the ending. It is clear that you put just as much thought into the ending as you were with the beginning. I have recently did a review of Destined on my blog (paranormal book junkie) and hope that I did this book justice. I did not give too much away because I want the readers to experience the fight for Avalon without any influences. This series is a must re-read. Thanks for allowing us into your Avalon world and the lives of these great characters.

Anonymous said...

This series was amazing sooo sad it had to end</3 cant wait to read your next series i know it will be amazing!

Katrina said...

I like the series, was wondering why does another title Wild have same content as Illusions?

Lexi said...

I just got to read Destined last week and it was amazing! I read it all in one day because I couldn't stop reading. I can't believe the series is over. :( Certain parts of the ending I didn't like but I know that is the only way the book could have ended. I was nervous to read it because book series endings can be either awesome or awful and you made it awesome! I can't wait until you're new books come out! :D

Unknown said...

please, i want to ask you when is the Portuguese book available